Service Level Agreement (SLA)
In these agreements, "you" and "your" refer to each customer and its agents, including each person listed in your account information as being associated with your account, and "we", "us" and "our" refer collectively to Aegis Design and its wholly owned subsidiaries.
Support via our support ticket system at http://aegishosting.co.uk/support is our preferred method of support. We aim to respond to all support tickets within 24 hours.
Telephone support is available during office hours - 10am to 6pm GMT Monday to Friday via 01706 508168. Outside of office hours we operate an emergency support hotline on 07767 634865.
Support is included with shared hosting, virtual private servers (VPS) and both managed and unmanaged dedicated servers with the following provisions:
- On unmanaged VPS and dedicated servers, support is free and unlimited as long as the request can be fulfilled in 15 minutes or less.
- Support can not be given on the operation of 3rd party software beyond that which we install.
- Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers require cPanel/WHM.
100% Uptime Guarantee
The 100% Uptime Guarantee applies to all shared hosting packages, virtual private servers and managed and unmanaged dedicated servers leased from us. This guarantee applies to network and hardware uptime as specified below.
We guarantee that our network will be available to the Internet 100% of the time in a given month. The guarantee does not include availability to any specific point on the Internet.
We guarantee that your server hardware is available 100% of the time in a given month. Downtime is defined as where a hardware component is not functioning correctly and causes your server to be unavailable.
If we fail to achieve 100% uptime, you may make a claim for credit on your account based on the following table.
You may make multiple claims in a given month for different periods of downtime up to a maximum credit of 100% of your monthly payment for the specific service. For the purpose of claiming credit, downtime officially starts from the time you log a report notifying us of the downtime. Reports should be submitted via our support ticket procedure at http://aegishosting.co.uk/support/ unless that is also unavailable. If so please phone us on 01706 508168 or 07767 634865 outside of office hours.
Credits will not be provided under the following circumstances:
- If there are any overdue payments for products or services listed on your account at the time of the downtime, the guarantee is null and void.
- Scheduled maintenance.
- Downtime caused by customer behaviour or the performance of customer applications.
- Circumstances beyond our control including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labour disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services (including DNS propagation).
We are not responsible for any additional loss and/or damage as a result of the downtime.
A claim must be made by submitting a support ticket within 5 working days of the downtime ending.
We aim to backup our shared hosting packages each night at 3am GMT. We aim to store weekly snapshots each Friday and then monthly backups enabling us to roll back a day, a week or a month.
Our backup procedure runs depending on available server resources. If our servers are busy, the backup procedure may not run.
While we attempt to keep regular backups of data stored on our systems, we do not guarantee the existence, accuracy, or regularity of our backup services and, therefore, you are responsible for making backups of data. We do not guarantee that our backup procedures will prevent the loss of your data.